Saturday, May 1, 2010

Golden week part 2

Today we went to Canal-city, which is a HUUUGE shopping place in Fukuoka.
The kids did well in school and we promised them to go to Pokemon-center there.
We really enjoyed the atmosphere there... I'm not so much a fan of shopping-malls, but Canal-city is a great place, especially for good food and having fun.

 
Later, we went to Kushida-shrine... one of the most important ones in Hakata. I want to see a festival there once.

Here you see the shrines, they used to carry arround during Yamakassa Matsuri... I think it's very dangerous if one of those falls into the crowd. So now they use little ones.

 
I love shrines...

and I love the Koi there... makes me want to paint another koi-pic.
Afterwards, my husband was sooooo sweet and took me to an art-supply store.
I bought a board there for the contest in Makurazaki. I have a good idea and I want to paint it down in the next weeks.

Here is a little "warm up"... yesterday the kids were in school and I FINALLY had some time to paint.
I simply enjoyed playing with the colors and depth here.
Done with acrylics, watercolor, airbrush and pens on paper (size is B4), original available.

2 comments:

  1. hach mensch...
    ich find dein Bild rihtig toll.. das gefällt mir richtig. ^^

    und .. ihr habt richtig viel zu sehen da...
    gott.. wenn ich könnte.. würd ich gern mal Japan besuchen T__T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danke !!! Ich muss mich jetzt ranhalten, weil ich noch eins fuer den Conest in Makurazaki malen will. Aber da der sehr bekannt ist, glaube ich auch nicht, dass ich etwas gewinne. Mal sehen... ich probiere es einfach...

    Ich freue mich schon auf heute, da geht es in die Berge. Aber Du wirst lachen... wenn man raus aus Fukuoka kommt gibt es sooooo viel tolle Natur, aber kaum ein Auslaender ist da und dann hoert man immer im Ausland, in Japan gibt es keine Natur. Wenn Du mal nach Fukuoka kommst, koennen wir Dir hier einpaar schoene Plaetze zeigen ^_^

    ReplyDelete