Friday, September 23, 2011

Exhibition Marathon Part 1

O.k finally an update of all the exciting events we had in the last week. I can not post everything, because it was soooooo much, but before I get too far behind, I will try to give a short overview.
One week ago, my father and I took the train to Makurazaki again, where we saw the grand finale of Kinuko-san's and our exhibition "Wind from Europe".
Here you see the "Tengu nose" an impressive rock in the southern part of Kyushu... I already saw it last year, but forgot to take a picture. 

After we arrived I met Els, one of the artists from Holland. She is a nice person and I was happy that she could come to Japan and see the exhibition, too.

This is "Kaimondake". An impressive volcano near Makurazaki. I always wanted to see it, but I was never lucky, because of the weather. But I was lucky this time.
I would love to hike it once together with Kinuko-san.

And here you see the famous rock "Tategami" of Makurazaki. There are many legends in this place. One says it is the god, which protects the port and city... another one is about two gods fought each other and in the fight the gods of Tategami spit fire and so the shape of the rock is like a flame and got it's red color.

Here is Els and me infront of Kaimondake. 

This is "Akebi" or "Uba" as it's called in the native slang of the people in Makurazaki. When it's ripe it will turn purple. The flesh of the fruit is bitter, but part in which the seeds are is very sweet. I always wanted to find them in nature, but I was never lucky, because I did not know exactly how the plant looks like, but I found some growing right beside the museum.

Later we came back to the museum and did a little Hindelopen workshop organized by Kinuko-san and her daughter.


Everybody got this sample and we needed colored it.

This is my picture. I did not paint for 8 weeks or so, so it was really so refreshing to do it again.

My Dad went at it, too. It was his first try with acrylics and he liked it very much. I hope he will start painting again someday !!!

Later, the great festival/party started.
Here you see my Dad, Kinuko-san and the major of Makurazaki.
Once again CONGRATULATION, Kinuko-san, for 20 years of your beautiful art !!!!!

Later, after everybody held there speeches, various artists performed different kinds of modern and classical music.

It was a great event and I would like to thank everybody for their kindness and for the wonderful time we had. I hope I can visit beautiful Makurazaki next year again !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment